Friday 10 September 2010

The Voice...

After online conversations with several people, including a brief one with visionary artist Daniel Mirante, I am feeling as if Britain could do with a visionary push. Culturally, it seems focussed on the critical, the contextual and the conceptual - all mind-stuff, and all good for innovation. But for envisioning, for giving birth to something sacred and numinous, well, that seems to be forgotten here, but in Europe, in the USA and in the Far East, they seem to appreciate this kind of thing.

And so I'm feeling the call that this land, Britain, wants to be heard again. A sacred voice. I think Britain needs to see its visionary land-voice expressed and I am wondering if I have the capability to do it... even to see it...


I am thinking of an art work, large and multi-panelled. I am thinking of engaging with the teacher plants of this land to hear this voice. I am thinking of visiting megalithic sites and reading William Blake again. I am thinking this could take years to create.... patiently...

This is the Voice Project, an attempt to hear, express and envision the Sacred Voice of this land...

No comments:

Post a Comment